19/10/2021

About delays and comfort games

 

Hullo, dear fellow gamers! Hope you're doing mighty fine, and enjoying whatever you fancy doing. As for me, I’m not too frisky these days, alas. Long story short, I’m exhausted and grumpy after a rough IRL patch. I was planning to start the New Classics phase already, but I have to face the harsh truth: I’m in no condition to do that right now. Yet I need to game, because it provides me with some much-needed pleasure and escapism during these tedious times. And so, I will fall back upon the games that always carry me through such periods: simple grindy RPGs, visual novels and tried-and-tested cult classics of mine. I’ll be back soon with run reports, dear fellow gamers; until then, take care and keep doing your thing!

 

4 comments:

  1. I hope things get better on your end, Isleif. And I fully understand what you mean: those comfy games that you just know they will warm up your heart and soul.
    Which is more or less what I've been doing this last year: replaying my favorites. Nothing like picking up something you just know you love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sieg, glad to read you again! ^^

      Things are getting better already, and they'll keep getting better, because I'm doing everything in my power to take care of myself and my life. 2021 was a complete b*tch of a year as far as I'm concerned; but I have good hopes that 2022 will be quieter and kinder to me.

      In all that turmoil, gaming remains a beacon of stability, a provider of good feelings, and I'm using it to the fullest.

      Thanks a lot for the kind words, my friend! ^^

      Delete
  2. Take care of yourself. That's the most important thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right, of course; and that's exactly what I'm doing. Thanks a lot for the kind words, my friend ^^

      Delete