09/10/2021

Pokemon X: The Florges Solo Run

 

 

This run has been a long time coming, ooh yes precious. I’ve wanted to cruise with that most delicate of Fairy ‘Mons since my very first run of X&Y; yet mysteriously, I never managed to do so until now. I wanted to cruise with a White Flower Florges for fickle reasons understood only by my gaming instinct; this meant that I had to recruit a white Flabébé after the first Gym. Given its 1% appearance rate, I feared I would spend one hour running around before getting a glimpse of the creature cue my Skitty run of Sapphire; but low and behold, a white Flabébé was kind enough to appear and join the crew after a mere five encounters.



My pretty Moonlight boasted a Bashful Nature, which allowed me to experience the purest version of Florges. And well, that purest version didn’t exactly dazzle me at first. The thing is, both Flabébé and Floette are painfully weak and fragile, making them very much unfit for a solo setting and forcing me to have healing items at hand at all times. Not only that, but their learnset sucks: Disarming Voice, Fairy Wind, Razor Leaf, Magical Leaf and Vine Whip don’t amount to much in the hands of Flabébé and Floette, let me tell you. And pray tell, why on earth does a Fairy ‘Mon know so many Grass Moves? Heck, the Florges line actually learn more Grass Moves than Fairy Moves while being pure Fairy which means no STAB, which sucks. If I wanted to wield a crap ton of Grass Moves, I’d cruise with a Grass ‘Mon, thank you very much. 

 

 

Anyway; I needed a killer Move pool for the late stages, and I proceeded to assemble it as soon as I could. A visit to the Move reminder allowed me to learn Moonblast, and I got my paws on Energy Ball and Psychic right before and after the 8th Gym. Very late indeed; but still better than never, and right on time for the ultimate showdown. With Florges being much stronger than its pre-evos, things went pretty smoothly, with only the Steel arena requiring a bunch of Battle Items to be conquered. 

 

 

Long story short: the Florges line is kinda mismatched, and takes an awful lot of time to reveal its full potential; but that the end of the day and the run it’s still perfectly decent solo run material. My revisitation of X&Y is over for now; but not my Pokemon endeavours, as I still have to unveil my ultimate run report of the summer. Until then, take care, dear fellow gamers!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment