25/02/2018

Coveted Games: All over the place


What my brain looks like right now. 
I'm a hot gaming mess these days. My collecting instinct came back with a vengeance some two weeks ago, prompting me to buy such a crap ton of games that I'm up to date again on my To Buy-List. As it is, I'm using all my willpower to curb my roaring purchasing drive and refrain myself from sweeping those seven Japanese Vita games that are currently lounging in my Amazon basket. Wait at least until an hypothetical localization announcement, dang it!

Having said that, I'm fully aware that there will be fewer and fewer localization announcements for the Vita in 2018. Games that would have been released on the PS4 and the Vita a mere year ago are now being proudly advertised as coming to the PS4 and the Switch. It's getting harder and harder to resist the lure of Ninty's newest piece of kit, and the only reason I haven't caved in yet is because I'm waiting for the console's next iterations. A portable-only Switch, yes please!!! The games, on the other hand, are darn tempting; I'm probably going to get my paws on my Very First Switch Game very soon, and it's probably going to be a Japanese copy of Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna, with its convenient english and french subtitles. Unless it's the North-American physical version of Fallen Legion, which I want to secure before it becomes prohibitively expensive. Or maybe Nights of Azure 2, which I've been wanting to play, like, forever. And what about the famed Dark Souls, a game that was beyond my reach until now and whose legendary difficulty piques my masochistic streak? I sure won't have any problem finding good Switch picks in the months to come, oh no precious.

More of my greedy, gaming-obsessed brain.
Not that I have problems finding good Vita and 3DS picks right now, mind you. Squeenix treated us to Romancing SaGa 2 at long last, Limited Run Games released a Vita RPG for the first time in weeks, and those high-profile 3DS titles I've been drooling over for months are slowly but surely starting to grace digital shelves. I'm a very happy little collector right now.

Not only am I greedy for new additions to my precious collection, but I'm also yearning to play tons of games. I want to start them all, play them all, all at once! Those six games I received two days ago? Bring them on, says my gaming instinct! That's a most unusual state of affairs, but I cannot say I dislike it. It's just that there's no way this can work: if I start six games at once, I'm gonna be overwhelmed and drop them all before long. Better be reasonable and focus on the three games I'm playing right now, all the more so as I'm clearly neglecting two of them already. I'll see you soon with posts about these three games, dear fellow gamers; in the meantime, feel free to let me know what you're playing right now, as I'm also greedy for gaming tidings. Thanks for reading as always, and be my guest anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment