15/06/2016

Collector's delight: Crystalline beauties


Despite the fact that the DS Lite was the most popular, emblematic and recognizable model in the DS line-up, I was never too fond of it. I always thought the DSi was the superior console, be it in terms of size screen and resolution, ergonomy and looks; and as a result, I concentrated solely on DSi models and never bothered to hunt for DS Lites. That is, until now.

What made me change my mind and consider DS Lites as valuable backup systems is the existence of an awesome feature that was (unfortunately) removed from the DSi. You guessed it, fellow gamers: I'm obviously talking about the GBA cartridge slot. Since I've been accumulating a pretty decent collection of GBA games in the last years, this feature now greatly interests me. The prospect of playing GBA games on a bright and colourful DS Lite screen rather than on a crappy GBA screen is an appetizing one indeed, and that's what prompted me to start hunting for DS Lites. My plan was to purchase two brand-new consoles and then to play GBA games exclusively on them, using my collection of second-hand GBAs solely to play Gameboy and Gameboy Colour games.

I was lucky enough to unearth an online seller that offered two brand-new DS Lites for very fair prices, and in gorgeous crystalline colours to boot. These two colours are simply my favourite of the whole DS Lite line-up and I could definitely have elected them even if all colours had been available. These two DS Lites are splendid and look like appetizing pieces of hard candy, and here they are in all their crystalline glory:


I'm quite delighted and proud to have managed to snatch these two beauties, and they will get a place of honour in my collection of backup systems. I've work really hard these last two years to put together said collection of backup systems, and I feel now that my work is nearly done. I may purchase a Pokemon Sun or Moon New 3DS bundle this fall, and that will be the end of my backup accumulation crusade. My console hoarding work is done! Thanks for reading, and be my guest anytime!

2 comments:

  1. When we'll go to Japan you'll be able to extend even more your already awesome collection ;)
    The choice over there is HUGE !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait for it! ;) I'll probably get my hands on a couple of games as well. Japanese gamers take such good care of their stuff that second-hand Japanese games often look brand-new while being quite cheap!^^

      Delete