25/07/2023

Fire Emblem Engage: I love it, but not right now

 



The title is self-explanatory, I guess. I really like everything about Engage, from the colourful cast to the no less colourful character design; and don’t even get me started on the inventive battlefields or the many player-friendly innovations. Yet despite all that love, I don’t feel like indulging in Engage right now. 

 


 

The thing is, this is not a game you can drop for days, lest you forget everything about your crew; yet at the same time, it’s not exactly conducive to binge-playing. I guess a good way to enjoy it would be to play one battle a day, plus a bit of fluff; alas, this is not a play style I can pull off right now. And so, I have to shelve Engage until I can give it the time and attention it deserves.  

 


 

I have to thank Engage for introducing me to the wonderful Mika Pikazo and her eye-popping art, which I instantly became a sucker for. I went as far as to purchase the Divine Edition and pin the included poster in my office — yeah, we’re cool like that where I work. 

 


 

Anyway! Engage is not my jam now, but I’ll play it sooner or later, that’s for sure. And now, on to the next one!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment