11/04/2021

Pokemon Sword: The Inteleon Solo Run

 

 
 

Here comes my second Galar run report, starring the resident Water Starter. RNG granted me a female Sobble, which I gladly took in; I deem Inteleon more consistent with a female-heavy distribution as far as looks are concerned, just like his Sun&Moon counterpart Primarina

 


Upon discovering that my little Aquavista boasted a Calm Nature, I started devising plans to make her a mixed attacker. Those plans came true for a while, as I put together a Move pool made of Water Pulse, Sucker Punch, U-Turn and Liquidation. However, I didn’t stick to that pool: Sucker Punch is too iffy to use overall, U-Turn was a bit too weak, and Liquidation couldn’t hold a candle to Scald, Snipe Shot and Hydro Pump. That watery trio became my ultimate Move pool, along with Shadow Ball for extra coverage all Moves above 80 power, perfect to drown all opposition. I’ll say it: as far as Galar Starters are concerned, the Inteleon line has the most kickass and powerful offensive Moves. 

 


You might think that three Water Moves was a surefire way to put myself in hot water (indeed); however, I breezed through the game’s late stages much more easily than I did with Cinderace, and at lower levels to boot. The only real roadblock was Rose and his team of Steel ‘Mons not that Water is particularly weak against Steel; the problem there was undeleveling catching up to me. It should have caught up to me earlier, mind you (more on that later); but the late fight distribution is so darn favourable to Inteleon that I could progress much more swiftly than with Cinderace and Rillaboom.

 


Long story short: Inteleon is awesome, and completely on par with broken Water Starters of Gens past such as Empoleon and Primarina. His design is very much a hit-or-miss thing; but should you hate it, you’d still have to tip your hat to the brilliant James Bond inspiration. (For the record, I friggin’ dug it that design myself, despite the bipedal factor.) I’ll see you soon with more gaming goodness, dear fellow gamers Pokemon-related or else; in the meantime, keep playing and take care!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment