17/10/2020

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3: My work here is done

 

10 hours and 15 levels after my last post, it's time for me and RB3 to part ways — even though the last boss still stands, and the credits have yet to roll.

The game is entirely to blame for that desertion. Mind you, grinding is still as engrossing as ever; but even a serial grinder like me cannot help but get a tad irritated when a game lets beaten bosses escape just to make me fight them again later. I guess you were simply running out of funds, Compile Heart; but in that case, just make your game shorter, instead of throwing fake longevity left and right. When I had to vanquish Mr. Badd for the darn third time since the beginning of my run, I rolled my eyes, exited the game, erased my save file, turned my Vita off and put the cartridge back in my precious collection. I felt mightily better after that, knowing that I had put an end to my run before my feelings for RB3 soured beyond repair. 

Long story short: I enjoyed my run, even though I deem that last instalment the weakest and most dispensable of the Re;Birth trilogy. I'll see you soon with whatever game catches my gaming instinct's fancy next, dear fellow gamers; in the meantime, keep gaming and take care!

2 comments:

  1. "when a game lets beaten bosses escape just to make me fight them again later..."

    I hate that thing so much, words can't even describe it. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do indeed remember a post of yours, in which you ranted about that very situation. Can't remember what was the offending game, but I remember your indignation. :P

      Delete