24/09/2022

The New Classics #30: Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion

 


The Backstory: A cute little 2D Zelda pastiche that reaped rave reviews and can, according to internet wisdom, be polished off roughly three hours. Sign me in!

 

 

The Game: Apart from tight controls and cute graphics, Turnip Boy’s greatest charm is obviously the hilarious yet adorable way it spoofs 2D Zelda entries — starting with the original one. Cherry on the cake, the French dialogue is especially well-crafted and seriously hysterical; so much so, in fact, that I’ll most definitely replay the game in French.  

 


 

Oops, did I spill the beans already? Okay, let’s wrap this up! I could honestly have cleared the whole thing during its allotted two-hour session; hence, I decided to use the opportunity to play a bit less, and keep some for later. I gave TBCTE fifteen minutes to charm me, aaaaand…

 


 

The Verdict: It did! Granted, this is not a New Classic of epic proportions; but my collection also needs lovely and light-hearted games that can be tackled in one fell swoop, and TB is exactly that. I’ll play you later, buddy! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment