07/01/2022

The 2022 Blueprint

 

Hello and Happy New Year, dear fellow gamers! I wish us all the best for 2022, in gaming as well as in other areas! ^^

 

2022 means a lot to me, and not only because it’s already shaping up to be much better than 2021. For one, it marks the 10th anniversary of my Second Coming of Gaming, which unfolded over 2012 as I had just turned 30. For another, as you guessed already, it marks my entry into the glorious 40s hooray! I made it there!

 

And boy, am I glad to leave my 30s behind. They were an incredibly fast-paced and rocky decade, full of tremendous delights and heart-wrenching sorrows. The highs were very high, the lows were very low, and each year brought more changes and plot twists than I could handle which is probably why my mind folded at the end of those ten chaotic years. What I want for the next ten years is kindness, appeasement, and generally enjoying life at my own pace. And last but not least, I want to play games.

 

Yes indeed; my passion for gaming is still burning as bright as ever. I realised over the course of bitchy 2021 how important gaming is to me; it fills a niche that nothing else in my life occupies, halfway between meditation, escapism and endless provider of reward feelings. And lo and behold, gaming was even at the centre of a turnaround point in my recent recovery process. I was in bed playing a game I’ll write about soon; and as I played, I felt a sweet mental tingling, a hunger for more, that I hadn’t felt for a long time. That game was my beacon of joy for the following days, and it opened the door for more feelings of excitement and anticipation over other things.

 

Long story short: I wanna play games in 2022, and probably beyond. But for now, let’s focus on the former, and end the suspense: not only is the New Classics phase definitely going to be a thing, but it has started already! I wasn’t even meaning to, mind you: I found myself playing a game my gaming instinct vehemently demanded, and loving it to pieces… Before said gaming instinct decided it was enough for now and claimed another game after a mere two hours of play. I think those last two years of not playing much are finally catching up to me, and my gaming instinct is coming back with a vengeance and an unquenchable thirst for new gaming horizons.

 

So, here’s the plan for the next weeks: first, I’ll write and post the reports for the runs I finished recently; and then, I’ll move on to the New Classics reports. I’ll tackle games in no particular order, just following my ever-dependable gaming instinct. Boy, I have an inkling this gaming year is gonna be fun indeed. Until next time, dear fellow gamers, keep doing your thing, and take care!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment