12/01/2022

Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu: Sweet electric

 


Hullo, dear fellow gamers! Let’s not pretend to be surprised that I finally purchased Let’s Go Pikachu after swearing blind that I would stick to Let’s Go Eevee and move on straight to the run report, shall we? I needed something sweet, cute and comforting after polishing off Dragon Sinker, and LGP filled the bill perfectly. 

 


My cute Spark of Joy was the most adorable female Pikachu you could imagine; and fill my heart with joy did she indeed. Her utter loveliness made me forgive her lacklustre prowess on the battlefield, as well as her shallow learnset; however, it wasn’t enough to make me forget them entirely. Every time I took damage because I failed to one-shoot something, I was reminded that Pikachu have always been, is and will forever be crappy solo run material. 

 


Having said that, Partner Pikachu is still the best version of all available Pikachus i.e. regular Pikachu, Alolan Pikachu and Starter Pikachu. For one, it gets a lovely stat boost, similar to the one granted to Partner Eevee. My Spark of Joy’s Modest Nature made her the perfect mixed attacker, which in turn allowed her to make the most of these three exclusive Let’s Go Moves other Pikachus could only dream off. We have Zippy Zap, an 80 power Physical Move, Splishy Splash, a 90 power Special Move with a 30% chance of paralysing, and Floaty Fall, a 90 power Physical Move with a 30% flinch chance. I completed that awesome trio with Brick Break, and got what is arguably the best Pikachu Move pool ever

 


Brick Break, a Move Pikachu didn't wield in Yellow, was obviously an ace in the hole. It make short work of Pikachu’s main kantonian foe, namely Giovanni, and generally saved me from trembling with fear at the sight of a Geodude or an Onix. Spark of Joy was much better equipped to handle Kanto’s challenges than her Yellow counterpart, from Brock’s Gym to the Champion himself.  

 


I don’t have much to add, really. It was a lovely run, and it gave me what I needed, namely easy grinding and pleasant feelings. I don’t regret purchasing that game after all; although I definitely prefer Partner Eevee, I may well want to cruise again with Partner Pikachu one of these days. I’ll see you soon with a bit of extra Pokemon goodness, dear fellow gamers; until then, keep playing and take care! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment