22/09/2021

Pokemon Y: The Diggersby Solo Run

 

  

Follow me in my annual summer revisitation of X&Y, dear fellow gamers! I've not gone overboard this year: just a pair of runs, one in each game. Opening this 2021 Pokemon Summer Season is none other than Diggersby, a ‘Mon that piqued my curiosity lately. Not only does the Kalos rabbit belong to a type I’ve never cruised with, but its very, erm, special cry and its metamorphosis from cute little critter to old fart with a beer gut is the stuff hilarious moments are made off. This is the Purugly story all over again, and that called for a special narrative: I decided to rename my Bunnelby ‘Burpee’ as soon as it crossed the evolutionary rubicon or she, as it turned out. Yup, my Bunnelby was a female, which made the whole situation even more impossibly hilarious. Let me tell you, I had some serious fun in Pokemon Amie. 

 


My Burpee was fun to cruise with indeed; but how did she fare performance-wise? Let’s say things were interesting. She was very much a tank, which is not surprising given her Ground Type; however, her Lonely Nature shook things up a bit, making her more fitting solo run material. She was not a one-shooter by any means, mind you; however, she revealed her true potential in the Elite Four showdown by taking down all five Trainers without breaking a sweat nor Battle Items. 

 

 


Of course, such a sweetly epic conclusion wasn’t much of a surprise because indeed, who wouldn’t bulldoze the Elite Four with that Move pool you see above? It took some time to reach such Move awesomeness, but it was totally worth the wait. Diggersby’s learnset beyond these fab four is nothing extraordinary indeed: Bounce has potential but is too fiddly to use, Grass Knot doesn’t get to shine much in Kalos, Dig has too little PP and Rock Tomb can miss. 

 


Long story short: Kalos is still as lovely to cruise as ever, my run was a smooth affair that clocked at exactly 12 hours, and Ground Type can shine in a solo setting. I still have to try a pure Ground ‘Mon, mind you; but that first foray was encouraging, and makes me wanna explore the Type more. I’ll see you soon with my second Kalos revisitation of the summer, dear fellow gamers; until then, take care and keep gaming! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment