06/07/2020

Drowning in giddiness and games


I've announced the upcoming end of my collecting endeavours on that blog many times already. There was a time when I truly believed it would happen soon indeed; but now, I've finally come round, and I can safely claim that my collecting is nowhere near done yet, and won't be as long as there are handhelds around. Why, this feels like a coming-out of sorts! I feel much lighter now that I fully and shamelessly acknowledged my roaring collecting impulses.


Roaring indeed: a mere six month after getting my beloved Switch Lite, I already own 35 Switch games and counting. Counting very fast indeed, because my Switch To-Buy List is growing by the month, each purchased game being replaced by two future releases. Not that I'm complaining, mind you; my appetite for Switch games is enormous — so enormous that it took the jaded collector in me by surprise. I never though I could feel that much passion for collecting again, so long after the giddy, intoxicating early stages of my collecting; and I certainly never, ever thought a Nintendo handheld, of all systems, could elicit such a a burning collecting passion, so soon after my lukewarm experiences with the 3DS and the original Switch. Dare I say I'm immensely grateful for that unexpected change of collecting fortunes? Yup, I dare.

That rekindled collecting passion is even pouring onto my older collections, which I deemed mostly complete until I suddenly found games that I totally couldn't live without a second longer. Games like Sol Trigger for the PSP, or Atelier Sophie and Firis and Digimon Next Order for the Vita, which all joined my precious collection lately.


With all that gaming goodness piling up, it's all the more frustrating that I can hardly play these days. Other matters are claiming my attention urgently, forcing me to put my barely started run of Pokemon X on hold and to delay my eagerly awaited run of Three Houses not to mention all the other runs I'm itching to tackle. Yet, I know all that wait and frustration will make the ultimate release even sweeter and better. That ultimate release should happen in roughly a week; and you can bet your sweet life that I'm gonna play with abandon and a vengeance then. See you soon with fresh gaming goodness, dear fellow gamers, and take care!

4 comments:

  1. Lol, the sight of that Sol Trigger brought back... memories.
    Glad you're having fun with your Switch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not exactly good ones, I guess? :P Your Sol Trigger posts are one of the most hilariously passionate rants I've read on your blog. And as you noticed, they totally didn't deter me from purchasing the game :D

      Delete
  2. I see Rune Factory 4 Special there!

    Do not get into that game until you are ready for a long, long, long, but excellent in almost every regard experience.

    ReplyDelete