20/01/2020

Pokemon Sword&Shield: I need more time



Hello, dear fellow gamers! I promised to deliver my impressions on the new Pokemon pair soon, along with a run report; however, I don't feel like writing about Sword&Shield just yet. A lack of writing material is not to blame, given that I polished off my first Sword run a good week ago; but for some reason, I have trouble wrapping my head around those new games and my experience of it. I most definitely need a couple of extra runs to get a good grip on Sword&Shield, both gameplay-wise and feeling-wise; and since I'm not quite in a Poké-mood right now, I'm going to shelve my Galar impressions and first run report until further notice. But rest assured that my early feelings towards Gen 8 are unabashedly positive, dear fellow gamers; so positive, in fact, that I already have a number of solo runs lined up and just ordered the Official Sword&Shield Strategy Guide. Stay tuned for the upcoming Gen 8 goodness, and good gaming to you all! ^^

4 comments:

  1. Personally, I'm waiting until that Season Pass comes along. Glad I didn't waste my time playing an incomplete game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still very much on the fence regarding the Season Pass. On one hand, the two new areas look gorgeous as heck, especially the Crown Tundra (I'm a total sucker for wintery landscapes); but on the other hand, that pass costs nearly as much as a full game, and it seems to be digital-only. I'd probably buy it without a second though if it were physical; but I'm really reluctant to invest that much in digital material, all the more so as Sword&Shield felt more than complete enough for my taste in their original state. Oh well, we'll see! ^^

      Delete
    2. Personally, I just want to have Volcarona and Golbat, goshdarnit (a pokemon game without Zubat that does not have a wholly new pokedex like gen V is not a pokemon game at all).

      Since the season passes are replacing the 3rd version, it works out to be the same price, so I'm fine with it. I'm just not fine with the crap they pulled before the season pass beforehand.

      Although this does cut out the possibility of ever getting sequels like BW2 again...but it also cuts out the chance of ever getting another Ultra Sun and Moon, so it works out I guess?

      The real news of that announcement was the mystery dungeon remake anyways.

      Delete
    3. Funny that you should talk about the Mystery Dungeon remake, because... Oh well, you'll see soon enough ^^

      So Seasons Passes are replacing the 3rd version? Hum, that changes things. Maybe I'll give them a try after all, all the more so as I now have a big SD card that can host them comfortably. And heck, those two new areas are just TOO gorgeous. *__*

      Delete