09/01/2020

Happy New Year! (Still alive and gaming!)


Hello, dear fellow gamers! Hope you had lovely holidays, full of sweet moments with your loved ones and delicious Christmas food. I had all of that myself, along with the most exquisite Christmas gift ever from my beloved sister: a brand-new Switch Lite, complete with Pokemon Sword&Shield and a matching case for good measure! I had to do justice to that perfect choice of her, obviously; and that's how I found myself tackling a Pokemon Sword run a couple of days ago. More on that later!


For now, here are my gaming plans for 2020. As you now, I was crazy busy these last months, which led to my longest blogging hiatus ever; and I'll keep being busy during the next months. Fortunately, I managed to arrange my frantic routine and free a little daily time for gaming and blogging. Hooray! Regarding the latter, I'll probably craft shorter and swifter posts this year, which may actually be a blessing in disguise given how ridiculously verbose I usually am. ^__^

As for gaming itself, the plan is simple: follow my trustworthy gaming instinct wherever it may lead me! I'm done with lofty resolutions such as 'clear all my Vita digital games', which I took last year and didn't even come close to fulfilling. I can also feel my collecting impulses stirring, which will sooner or later lead to a delicious shopping spree. For now, my Switch collection comprises six games: the four you can see on the picture below, plus Octopath Traveler and Labyrinth of Refrain, which I bought with my first Switch and was inspired enough not to sell along said Switch. (More like the buyer wasn't interested in snatching them, but nobody needs to know that :P)


Anyway, you can expect a quick rundown of my Switch Lite impressions quite soon, along with posts about Pokemon's home console debut (or not so much in my case; but I digress here). Stay tuned, and happy gaming year!

5 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to finding out if the lack of TV connectivity is as big a hurdle as I had suspected when I made the decision not to get a Switch Lite last Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I'm a complete handheld whore, my friend; so for me, the lack of TV connectivity is a blessing, and not even one in disguise. Heck, the pure portable-ness of the Lite is the very reason I went back to the Switch line after giving up on it! ^^

      Delete
  2. Happy new year!

    Not interested in Labyrinth of Refrain? That buyer doesn't know what they missed.

    Due to drifting, my switch is now handcuffed to the TV, which is fine....my 13 year old PS3 controller is more comfortable than anything nintendo can make anyways. I'm still finishing Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist, so I haven't tried out Pokemon's latest travesty myself, even though I got sword for Christmas despite saying several times I didn't want it...

    (don't want to be ungrateful, but man, nobody ever buys me digimon games no matter how much I talk them up, but pokemon...)


    The DLC announcent yesterday just about killed whatever little hope I had left. Another 60 bucks please! Thank goodness they had that mistery dungeon remake up their sleeve, but those are by Chunsoft, so they don't really count I feel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and don't sell your switch this time without trying out Dark Souls at least, since it's unlikely any other soul games will make it to the switch. Maybe Code Vein one day, maybe, but until then all you have left is stuff like Animus and Sinner Sacrifice for Redemption. Neither are bad, but they aren't Nioh or the Surge 2 either.

      Delete
    2. With hindsight, that buyer was most inspired to sniff at those two games. Money and time saved for me, hooray! ^^

      I'll definitely try Dark Souls, even though I'll probably ragequit at the first boss fight. I mean, this is a super-duper hard game that seems to require actual motor skills, so... I'm afraid it will be a miss. But I've been dreaming of playing that game for years now, so of course I'll give it a go!

      Don't worry, I'm not going to sell my Switch Lite any time soon. I mean, this is a portable console! A true blue handheld that feels and plays like one! I'm honestly over the moon with that new addition to my handheld collection. And since my newly updated Switch wishlist already comprises 25 games (and counting), I don't have to worry about ever being out of stuff to play!^^

      Delete