21/02/2019

Coveted Games: Some come, some go


Gee, it's been a while since I last wrote a Coveted Games post! Now's a bit of a special time when it comes to my gaming purchases, because a) some systems are quietly taking their leave while another is taking the scene, and b) my list of planned purchases has shrunk to nearly nothing, making each game stand out all the more. Without further ado, dear fellow gamers, here are the games on my radar for 2019!

Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth - 3DS: Although Ninty are still supporting their ultimate dedicated handheld to an extent, new releases are drying up fast for the poor system. As I'm writing this, Persona Q2 is the one and only 3DS game I'm getting my paws on in 2019; and let's be honest, it may well be the last 3DS I ever purchase. I was hoping for a localization of Etrian Mystery Dungeon 2 or a remake of Etrian Odyssey 3 for the longest time, but I get they won't be happening now.

Code Realize - Wintertide Miracles: I played the original game and the first fandisc already, so I might as well dive even deeper and indulge in that third instalment. Heck, I'm such a huge sucker for all things winter that the title and theme alone would be enough to draw me in.

Penny-Punching Princess, The Longest Five Minutes, The Lost Child - Vita: A.k.a. the ultimate trilogy of physical Vita games released by NISA. Needless to say, I'm gonna snatch 'em all, if only to express my overflowing gratitude to NISA for those late, undreamt-of treats. Oh, and it sure doesn't hurt that all three are RPGs and that I absolutely adored The Lost Child

Variable Barricade - Vita: I'm head over heels in love with the gorgeous, luscious art style of that Japan-exclusive otome, and I'm gonna get it no matter what. I probably won't understand half of what happens for the longest time, but I don't care as long as I can feast my eyes on the unbelievably stylish characters. Heck, the MC alone is already my favourite otome heroine ever, and I've not even played the game yet.

Asdivine Hearts 2, Alvastia Chronicles, Chronus Arc - Vita: There would be a lot to say about my uncanny passion for Kemco's budget retro-ish RPGs, but that post isn't the right place to do so. Suffice it to say that I'll get and play that trio with gusto. Limited Run Games is just about to unleash Chronus Arc on us collectors; and if they decide to release the other two, I'll sure stand in line to get my paws on them.

The House in Fata Morgana, Sharin no Kuni - Vita: A pair of visual novels that look original and promising. Needless to say, I'll get the Limited Run physical versions; they'll probably be the same price than the digital versions anyway, and Limited Run offerings are a solid investment for any game collector.

RemiLore: Lost Girl in the Lands of Lore - Switch: Now we're moving on to the Switch! I still stand by my pledge of not collecting for the system; however, that won't prevent me from purchasing and enjoying a couple of games — before pawning them, that is. RemiLore is a roguelike, and there are not nearly enough of these out there; I certainly won't miss the opportunity to play this one, be it a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

The Princess Guide - Switch: I already own the Vita version of that RPG/strategy game, and that version is the true collector's item. Nevertheless, I'm still gonna purchase the Switch version for learning purposes, just like I did with Labyrinth of Refrain. It will certainly make my gamer's life easier to get the hang of that game in english before I ever replay it in japanese.

Super Neptunia RPG - Switch: As a die-hard fan of the Hyperdimension Neptunia series, this game is a must-have. I'm a bit miffed that it's not coming to the Vita, as it would have been a nice addition to the large roster of HN games already released on the system. But at least, I'll get to play that one, unlike the PS4-exclusive Megadimension Neptunia VII (insert resentful eyes).

That's it for my To-Get-My-Paws-On List for 2019 so far, dear fellow gamers! Of course, other games can always pop up, so that list is by no means exhaustive; as a matter of fact, the second half of 2019 will probably bring more entries, on the Switch front at least — and hopefully, hopefully, on the Vita and 3DS ones as well. A handheld aficionado can always hope for late releases, can't they? Feel free to share your own coveted games for 2019, dear fellow gamers; and as usual, thanks a million for reading, and drop by anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment