29/10/2016

Criminal Girls 2: I've had enough


I just erased my CG2 save file and boy, am I relieved. I just can't play that game anymore.

The last straw was yet another Wake-Up Call Boss that would have needed insane amounts of level-grinding, strategizing and patience to be overcome. I already grinded like crazy to beat Shadow Tsukasa and a couple of other wake-up call bosses before her, and I'm just sick of it. I managed to get used to the unbalanced field battles, but these cheated bosses are just ruining my fun.

On top of being sick to death of unfair boss battles, I feel like I've seen enough of the game to quit now. All the girls have been rehabilitated and Knighted, so my job as a Program Instructor is done. I don't care that much about whatever final boss may come after that, nor do I care about the unavoidable harem ending and the post-game segment that will let me recruit Enri and fight yet another super-cheated boss. I'll just watch the ending(s) on Youtube and call it a day, thanks a lot.

Still, there's no denying that I would still be playing if not for the game's horrendous fake difficulty and lack of balance. The girls' interactions are intense and gripping and they are all interesting characters despite being copy-pastes of CGIO's cast, and I would have liked to spend more time with them—all the more so as their Knight outfits are stunningly gorgeous. But hey, the gaming instinct wants what it wants, and it says that more grinding and cheated bosses are out of the question.

And so I comply. I'm leaving CG2 to roam greener pastures, starting with the demo of World of Final Fantasy that I downloaded a couple of days ago. Let's see if Square's newest offering will be a gem or a turd! Thanks for reading, and be my guest anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment