02/08/2016

Gaming break—extended


August is here, and as promised, I'm back in business full force. This is what I should write; but unfortunately, the reality is quite different. See, the wrist pain I mentioned in my last post has evolved into a full-blown case of tendinitis—and a nasty one at that. The verdict is unplacable: I have to stay away from all gaming devices until things get better, which could take several weeks. And since unnecessary typing is also off-limits, there won't be a lot of blogging either during that time—not that I would have written a lot anyway without playthroughs to write about, mind you.

I'm quite bummed by this turn of events, but let's face it: health comes first. I wouldn't risk ruining my wrist beyond repair just for the sake of gaming, so I'll be sensible and leave my consoles untouched for as long as necessary. With that said, I'll see you later, dear fellow gamers. I'll be back here eventually, be it in three weeks or three months. Thanks for reading, and be my guest anytime!

9 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry to hear that! Not being able to game for so long would indeed be a punishment. But you're right, health comes first. Take care a heal soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, it DOES feel like a punishment... :P That makes me realise how deep I am into gaming and what an important part of my life it has become... Which in turn makes me all the more motivated to recover and get back to business! ^__^

      Delete
  2. That sounds pretty rough, Isleif. Rest well and I hope you get better soon! In the meanwhile, perhaps you can work on your anime backlog? Or maybe even cartoons; that Sonic Boom cartoon is legit funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! The question of what to do in the meantime is indeed a tricky one; and after many an pondering, I finally decided to work not on my anime backlog, but rather on my manga backlog. I've been wanting to read the last volumes of HunterXHunter as well as re-read the whole series for, like, forever, and this is just the perfect time to do so!^__^

      Delete
    2. Oh, and there's obviously good ol' Japanese to learn. Since my tendinitis is located on the left wrist, that leaves my right hand free to write plenty of kanjis! :P

      Delete
  3. That sounds terrible, I hope you get better Isleif. Take all the time you need, we will still be here when you return.

    In the meantime, take this as an opportunity to catch up on other interests that usually get left behind because of gaming. In these situations, it's best to take a positive outlook instead of focusing on the things you can't do, otherwise the healing process will appear to be going at a snail's pace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for the kind words! :)

      You're absolutely right, a positive outlook is the most important thing to maintain in these situations. As for other interests, I already have them lined up and I fully intend to make the most of that unexpected turn of events! ^^

      To be honest, things are already looking brighter than they did a couple of weeks ago. I may be able to get back into gaming very soon, providing that I take baby steps and don't go overboard with my gaming sessions! Not that my wrist would let me do that without protesting vigorously, mind you. :P

      Delete
    2. If you want to take baby steps when you do get back into gaming, maybe a visual novel would be best? Put the game on auto and there will be minimal clicking required. If you want a little gameplay now and then, I think Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters would be good, since it does have the occasional battle. Either way, take it easy Isleif.

      Delete
    3. Don't worry, I'm not planning to rush things. ^^ Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters would indeed be a good idea, so thank you for that! I also have a couple of otome games ready for the playing that could be perfect for such circumstances. Praise portable gaming for being so pleasantly varied and able to accommodate even incapacitated gamers! :P

      Delete