31/03/2016

Coveted games: Sweet spring blossoms


As spring is slowly but surely taking over, flowers and trees are starting to blossom, and games are doing the same. We have a nice spring release schedule ahead of us, with some long-awaited games finally blooming in Europe and some games popping out of the blue just like precocious flowers. Without further ado, here's my list of coveted games for the Spring 2016!

Langrisser Re:Incarnation-Tensei (3DS): I don't know this 25-years-old series at all, so it will be a pleasure to discover it on my 3DS. I'm obviously planning to import a physical copy from North-America, since Europe will once again have to make do with a digital version. Nothing stops a collector from getting their boxed games!

Grand Kingdom (Vita): For some reason, this game reminded me immediatly of Grand Knights History on the PSP, and it turned out that the two games were directed by the same developer, a certain Tomohiko Deguchi. This is thus some kind of unofficial sequel, and it's a nice treat to get given that Grand Knights History's planned localization was cancelled a couple of years ago.

Gal*Gun: Double Peace (Vita): I'm not yet totally sure that I will invest in that game, but... I am at least curious about it. I'm always ready to expand my gaming horizons and an on-rail shooter sounds like an interesting premise, so maybe I'll cave in and try my hand at it. Rice Digital is offering an exclusive limited edition of the Vita version, but I'll pass on it after my recent lukewarm experiences in that field.

Atelier Sophie-The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book (Vita): The Vita will only benefit from a digital release of that game, which is quite a pity. I would have been more than glad to invest in a limited physical edition; but so far, such a plan doesn't seem to be in the pipeline. That's a bit of a shame, really—although I guess we can count ourselves lucky to get that game at all, given the number of publishers that don't even bother localizing their Vita IPs. (I'm looking at you, Squeenix and Sega.)

Fire Emblem Conquest/Birthright (3DS): A.k.a. "Fire Emblem goes Pokemon". Well, Pokemon-lite inspiration or not, this pair is one of the major 3DS RPG releases slated this year and I'm certainly not going to miss it, especially since we're getting it physical in Europe.

Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (Vita): Here's one of these games that appeared all of a sudden in the Spring 2016 release schedule, seemingly out of nowhere. Well, not exactly out of nowhere in that case: this visual novel used to be an XBox One exclusive and is now ported to the Vita, one year after its initial release. I didn't dig too deep for information, preferring instead to keep the game unspoiled for my future playthrough. 

Yo-Kai Watch (3DS): The much-coveted Pokemon clone is finally coming to European shores; and whilst some players have imported and discovered it a long time ago, I preferred to wait for the official European release. I'm curious about this game and series, but not overly excited—which means that I could end up loving it, since low gaming expectations often pave the way for stellar gaming experiences as far as I'm concerned.

Zero Time Dilemma (3DS/Vita): My biggest issue regarding the long awaited, rescued-from-the-jaws-of-death Zero series' third instalment is which version I will purchase. I have the first two entries on the DS and 3DS, so it would make sense to buy the 3DS version for the sake of consistency; but on the other hand, the Vita version will certainly look better and may turn out to be more comfortable to play. Oh, well; I still have a couple of weeks to make a decision.

That's certainly a solid Spring 2016 wish list—and that's without counting games listed in my last Coveted Games post that are slated for release in the next weeks, such as Stranger of Sword City, Trillion God of Destruction and Odin Sphere. My bank account won't know peace anytime soon, so much is sure! Feel free to let me know about your own coveted games in the comments, dear fellow gamers; and as usual, thanks for reading, and be my guest anytime!

2 comments:

  1. Nice list. For some reason I have no trouble coming up with a good calender for Nintendo releases, but the Vita always has me guessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, there is no shortage of great games to purchase! What about you, are there any spring games on your wishlist right now? :D

      Delete